I will admit that I wasn't too excited for my birthday this year. They just seem less important and exciting the older I get but when my birthDAY turned into a birthWEEK this year, I changed my mind. While I'm still not too happy to be turning 24, it was nice to feel loved and remembered by so many people. My friends and family managed to stretch my birthday into a week long event that I will definitely remember in years to come. Some of the events might not seem too exciting and birthday related to you, but they were to me!
Friday I went to Texas Roadhouse for a yummy meal including my free birthday appetizer. I LOVE Texas Roadhouse anyway but adding free food into the mix makes it even better. Saturday I got to visit with a friend I grew up with and hadn't seen in awhile. I also got to open my first present from my friend Jill in preparation for the BYU game. It was an awesome shirt with the old logo-loved it!
The worst part of my birthday week took place Saturday night when BYU lost horribly to Utah (which took awhile to get over) but I luckily didn't stay in a bad mood for too long. Sunday was a great day. I went over to my Aunt Nel's house where she made me a wonderful birthday dinner. I opened a few presents and enjoyed my favorite red velvet cake with her, my sister, and cousins.
I was also recognized and given my favorite flower in Relief Society. This was a pleasant surprise since I'm still new to the ward.
Monday the 19th was my actual birthday. I did receive lots of "Happy Birthdays," hugs, and songs by my students at school which was nice. My sister Sarah then took me to Cafe Rio (a close tie with Texas Roadhouse) and I opened more presents.
Sarah got me tickets to Jimmer's All-Stars which was on Thursday. It was at the Marriott Center in Provo and was made up of the top NBA draft picks and outstanding college basketball players. This included Jimmer, Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, Nolan Smith, Isaiah Thomas, Jackson Emery and many others. Although I've seen Jimmer play much better then he did that night, the game was awesome and very entertaining! I really do love Jimmer but decided to wear my Duke shirt to support my man, Nolan Smith, instead.
After the game I enjoyed my free cold stone ice cream with some friends. Friday there was no school which was awesome. I went back down to Provo to play and go to the BYU football game (they won this time). Saturday I was treated to breakfast by one of my friends at Kneaders. I then got to spend some time with my bestest and her husband and go long boarding and listen to the wonderful Relief Society broadcast.
So as you can see, I pretty much had the best birthday/week EVER! Thanks again to everyone who made it memorable. I have some of the best family and friends a girl can ask for and am constantly reminded of how blessed I am. I think this year is going to be a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment