Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summer So Far

Every year I look forward to Summer and have many elaborate and amazing plans. Then before I know it, it's July 4th, summer is nearly half over, and I have yet to accomplish what I set out to do. This year especially, I feel like summer has just flown by. It didn't help that the first 3 weeks following the end of school, I had class. I took some health endorsement classes with the the hopes of getting completely health endorsed within the next year or so. I may then try getting into teaching high school or junior high although I have really grown to love teaching at the elementary level. Although I didn't like the idea of having to go to class every day and do homework, I did enjoy all three of my classes. They were taught by some excellent teachers and I feel completely confident that I could teach health now.

Luckily my classes were only 4 days a week and usually ended around 1 so I still had time to throw other things into my schedule. One of my goals for the summer was to go to the gym more and start lifting weights again. I've been pretty good about it but love being outside so I usually lift at the gym then hike, ride my bike, long board, or Frisbee golf to get in other exercise. I'm still playing softball and golf so I'm spending lots of time outside which I love, love, love. Of course trips to the pool and seven peaks are a must and I find time for those too.

Once my classes ended, I was able to feel like my summer officially began. Most days include sleeping in, going the the gym, spending time outside, reading, and watching movies. It's a tough life! The rest of my summer plans include going home to Colorado, visiting friends, going on more hikes, and hopefully camping a bit. Then before I know it, school will be starting again.

One of the highlights of this summer so far was going skydiving. It is something I've always thought about doing. A friend and I were going to go last year but it never worked out so we didn't let the opportunity go by this year. My dad happened to be in town so he and my sister came to watch. There were definitely parts that were uncomfortable but it was still awesome! I had a hard time breathing during the free fall but managed to get one good breath to keep me from panicking. The pressure on my ears hurt a little bit and they remained plugged for a day or so. The harness also pulled quite hard which didn't feel too great but none of that compares to the pure rush you get and the breathtaking views you see from 13,000 feet in the air. I would totally be up to doing it again!!! I was nervous on the plane ride up and was glad that the person connected to me basically pushed us out or I don't know if I could have jumped. In the end, I'm sure glad I did it. Here are a few pictures documenting the adventure. I will even throw in an embarrassing one of my cheeks flapping for your pleasure.



 H

 Here are some other things I have enjoyed this summer so far:

Hiking
  
The American Authors, Script, and One Republic Concert

Strawberry Days and Having my Dad Here

and a great July 4th with friends.




2 comments:

  1. That's so cool about your health certification! I think I'd like to go for mine someday too. And what an awesome summer you are having! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love it! Whos cheeks wouldn't flap! lol Awesome about the health cert too. Very cool. I think it would be amazing to teach health.

    ReplyDelete