Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. I love seeing plants and trees blossom; everything starts to look alive and beautiful again. I love the warmer weather and getting to spend time outside. I love having spring break and knowing summer is just around the corner. My life gets a little busier with softball and golf leagues but those are things I love as well so I don't mind. Because of my busy schedule, I have had little time to blog but I thought it was time for an update.

Here is a little glimpse of my spring so far:

I started out the month of April with Spring Break at home. The weather was typical for the San Luis Valley, VERY windy and chilly. I was hoping I could spend some time outside and perhaps get in a little golf but nope, 5 straight days of wind, wind, and more wind. I basically spent a lot of time inside. I got to visit my grandma several times,
made a large batch of strawberry freezer jam with my mom,
 and enjoyed not having to worry about work. I spent lots of time with all of my family which was wonderful too. One thing that did keep me busy was working on a project. I turned an old wooden window frame into a memo board. The wind made painting a bit of a challenge but I love the result!

When I got back to Utah after Spring Break, life picked up where it left off and got a whole lot busier. This time of the year at work is a little crazy. There is so much going on and the students are ready to be done. They try my patience on a daily basis but we are hanging in there together.

The weather so far has been pretty great. Of course it is spring so the weather is a little bipolar but there have been several wonderfully warm days. I am in a softball and golf league so I get to be outside doing things I love a few times a week which is awesome. I've also managed to get in a few hikes this month. 
This was a good first hike of the year at Bells Canyon.



I did Grandeur Peak yesterday and it was definitely harder! Going back down really made me realize how steep of an incline it was the entire way. I was proud that we made it and the views were spectacular. 


 And because you can't have too many pictures, here are some more:
Jordan River Temple

 Flowers on Temple Square
 Easter Sunday
 Sunday Bike Ride
 Miniature Golf
 


1 comment:

  1. Yay for blog updates! Sounds like you're doing well. I'm trying to get down to Utah sometime this summer - hopefully we can hang out!

    ReplyDelete