Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 Review

2013 was quite the year. In many ways it was a very good year but it definitely had it's tests. I battled sickness, stress, and challenges at work. On the other hand, I feel like I have grown a lot emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and a little physically. I now consider myself (although reluctantly) an official adult. I feel more confident in my teaching abilities and feel prepared for whatever the future holds more than ever. Bring it 2014!

Here is my 2013 year in review:

LOWLIGHTS
The most challenging things of the year had to do with medical issues. I had my first surgery getting my tonsils out and really dealt with insurance for the first time. This is why I feel like a real adult. I realized the importance of having good insurance and having a savings account. I'm glad I had my tonsils out at the beginning of the year so I didn't have to deal with it any longer but it was trying financially. I also REALLY got to know my dentist this year but am glad I had the money to do what I needed to.
  
HIGHLIGHTS
One major highlight of the year was receiving my endowments at the Albuquerque Temple in April. Through the temple I have discovered greater happiness and have filled a void I didn't know was missing. I'm proud of my decision to go and am thankful to have temples close by to go to often.
 I also crossed something off of my bucket list by going to Washington DC.

WORD OF THE YEAR:
GRATITUDE
Something I really wanted to focus on in 2013 was being thankful for everything I have. Like anyone else, I face challenges, difficulties, and problems. I know I would never be able to get through them without three very important things: The Gospel, My Family, and my Friends.

GOSPEL
I honestly would not be able to get through this life without the Gospel and my testimony. I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally and loves me. I can always turn to Him and He will be there. I also know that I have a Savior who knows exactly what I am going through because he has experienced everything and atoned for my sins. Knowing these simple truths has helped me tremendously throughout my life.

FAMILY
This is nothing new that I discovered but I was often reminded this year that I have an amazing family-immediate and extended! They love me unconditionally and provide much needed support and guidance.
And in case you didn't know, I also have some AMAZING sisters!

FRIENDS
I now want to give a special shout out to my wonderful friends. I have been blessed throughout my life to have incredible friends. These people understand my craziness, love me in spite of my imperfections, and know how tp make me laugh. These are people who I may only see once a year but it feels like nothing has changed. These are people who have stuck with me through some of the biggest changes in my life and to each of them, I want to say thank you!

This past month I was lucky enough to spend some time with some of the best college roommates and friends a girl could ask for. We have been friends for over 6 years (crazy!) and have remained close through marriages, births, moves, and everything else life decided to throw at us.
 (One of my besties, explained how we all met and if interested, you can check that out here.) I absolutely love these girls and am forever grateful that we were all placed together as roommies!

Here are some pictures of us throughout the years. I look horrible in a bunch of them but oh well :)









 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I love the pictures!! I might have to change my post a little bit. Lol. Those pictures are just so enlightening about our relationships. By the way, your throat is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this Heather! love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are an anomaly. I had heard so many stories about bad roommates and there are not many like us who click and become bff's forever so quickly. Love you girls to the moon and back.

    ReplyDelete