I always think I am going to be better at doing this Blog thing then I am. At times I say the heck with it, but then I read all of my friends fantastic blogs and realize how much I look forward to new posts. Knowing I have friends who do the same, I keep this thing going for them. It is hard staying in touch so I will take any little snid bit into their lives that I can and I hope they enjoy doing the same with mine!
With summer quickly and sadly coming to an end, I figured it was time to look back on the rest of my summer and share what I did.
I spent a good chunk of the month of July at one of my favorite places of all time, home. It was lovely being there for nearly three weeks and enjoying time with my family. I was there long enough to get quite comfortable being there and had a hard time coming back here to Utah. I miss it all of the time but know that it will always be there. Here is what I did:
![]() | |
| Dad, Whitney and I enjoyed a fun day hiking Zapata Falls and going to the Sand Dunes |
![]() | |
| Jill and I went back to the Sand Dunes another day and hiked to the top, something I haven't done since I was about 12 |
![]() |
| We of course enjoyed Pioneer Days with some of our family |
Besides all of that, I just enjoyed my time home. I went for drives, ate out at some of my favorite local joints, enjoyed time to myself, and visited with friends and my grandma.
I went back to Utah at the end of July while Sarah was in London and Paris (still so jealous!). For that and most of August my days pretty much consisted of sleeping in, going to the gym, spending too much money, and watching a lot of movies and tv shows. I went on hikes here and there, golfed a bit, and spent time with friends as well.
I also got to visit one of my best friends, Sabrina, and her family in August. We did a lot of visiting and movie watching. We ate out a couple of times and went to the Idaho Falls zoo. Mostly I love just hanging out with them. I so wish we were closer and could see each other all of the time. Maybe one day that will happen! For now, I look forward to my visits and truly cherish my time with them. Plus, I got to see this little stinker and get to know him better. Always a good time.
![]() | ||
| Here are a couple of other pics from the zoo |
I went back to work the middle of August and my first day teaching was on the 25th. I can't believe I am already in my 4th year teaching, it is crazy! I feel so much more confident with each year and totally know what I am doing now :)
![]() |
| This is my traditional "first day of school" photo. New outfit and all! |
Not ready to let summer go quite yet, I had one last hurrah on Labor Day weekend. Sarah and I went up to Swiss Days in Midway. I have always wanted to go because they have one of the best craft fairs in Utah. I was too poor to buy anything I really wanted but I got a few ideas of stuff to make myself. We listened to a good yodeler/accordionist and had yummy food, always a plus.
On Labor Day, Sarah and I went with some friends up to Jordanelle State Park. We rented a couple of kayaks and a jet ski and had a blast. I really wanted to paddle board but they were all rented for the day. We had a wonderful time enjoying the lake and each others company. It was
great being outside and able to relish in the final days of summer.
I went on a hike this past weekend and signs of fall are already approaching. I love, love, love fall so I don't mind so much.

































Happy end of summer!
ReplyDelete