About a week ago I came back from a much needed trip home. I spent an entire two weeks there which I haven't been able to do for nearly five or six years. It was a wonderful trip. I got to play, work, eat, and spend time with my family. It also was a time for me to completely put my life in Utah on hold and enjoy being home.
The first week was spent with just my parents and it was quite productive. I worked on a few projects that you can see on my previous post, rebuilt a fence in our pasture with my dad, visited with my grandma, did some yard work, and had plenty of time to enjoy being with my mom and dad. Sometimes I get frustrated with the fact that I am not yet married or have kids but I probably wouldn't get to enjoy times like this with just my parents if I was. I truly treasure these times and am thankful to have a wonderful home and family that I love and can always go back to.
The second week was a lot busier. It was our Pioneer Day celebration and we also threw a couple of family reunions into the mix. We had 11 people staying at our house which is always fun, adventurous, and a little challenging. I loved it!
Here are some things we did:
We went to the mountains a couple of times.
This is up at Terrace Resevoir
And this is near Trujillo Meadows
(Notice all of the poor dead trees because of the beetle kill this year-Sad!)
We participated in the Pioneer Celebration by watching the parades and going to the demolition derby.
We had a dinner picnic thing with the Miller family but I don't have any pictures that are worth posting.
We also had a little Frederiksen reunion which I do have pictures of.
All of the Frederiksens that came:
My Grandma's family:
7 of the 20 Miller grandchildren:
I did enjoy a couple of days home after everyone had left which was also nice. Now I'm back in Utah and relishing my days of relaxation before going back to work in two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment