Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Feeling Crafty

One of my goals for the summer was to do some DIY projects. I love working with tools and building things so I picked three projects that allowed me to do just that. It was also nice to express my crafty side for once. 
All of the ideas came from Pinterest but I didn't follow any instructions. I saw what something was supposed to look like or had the basic understanding and then just went for it. I think I did quite well and can't wait to get my hands dirty with another one!

Project #1-Simple Yarn July Wreath
This took about an hour and was super simple. You wrap yarn around a foam wreath and add stars. That's it! I found some foam glow-in-the-dark stars that worked perfectly.

These next two projects were done in Colorado at my parents house. They had the tools and the space. I also had about 4 days of down time before lots of family came in for the Pioneer Day celebrations so it was perfect.
 
Project #2-Barn Wood Flag
We knocked down an old shed a few years ago and the leftover wood was perfect for this project.
I found the pieces I wanted,
 cut the boards,
 spray painted,
 then connected the wood with wire and added the stars.
 I did one for myself and one for my mom.
 
Project #3-Card Table Redo
My parents have a couple of card tables and chairs that have been used and abused so with some spray paint, new vinyl tablecloths (so you can easily wipe them clean), and a staple gun, they went from this...
 to this...
This one is my favorite. I was proud of my color/pattern choice. I may just take it home for myself.

I think I have accomplished my goal. I even enjoyed it so much that I will start my search for another. 
Any ideas? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Love the striped table! Holiday themed crafts are super fun. I wish I was there in america with all the crafting supplies. NZ sucks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Heather! Everything is cute and looks really good.

    ReplyDelete