Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Break

Spring Break couldn't have come any sooner. I was wearing out and my students were too. Just as I did last year, I was able to go home to Colorado. I was excited about escaping from work and Utah to spend time relaxing and being with my family. I had to work for a few hours on Friday, March 28, and then endured the long 10 hour drive home by myself.
Being home was wonderful. I got to spend some much needed time catching up with my BFF, ate a lot of good food, slept in, and it was amazing not having to worry about work. I did however, feel pretty sick for a couple of days starting on Easter. I'm almost embarrassed to say but I think I had altitude sickness. I was extremely nauseous, weak, and dizzy. Luckily I got over it quickly but it was not fun.
It was nice being able to spend Easter at home with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and grandma. The weather was also nice which is unheard of on Easter in the San Luis Valley. Everything was dead and ugly of course, but it was warm and had no wind! I also got visited by the Easter bunny even though I'm 25 years old which was awesome :)

The following days where filled with activities that were exactly what I needed. They included things like spending time with Grandma, eating a lot of Mexican food, seeing The Host, and having a wonderful girl's day with Whitney and my mom.

The highlight of the trip happened on April 5, when I went through the Albuquerque, New Mexico Temple to receive my endowments (To learn more about temples go here). This is something I had been thinking about for quite awhile and I decided I wanted to do it with the majority of my immediate family there and in the temple I grew up going to. That made Spring Break the perfect time. My parents and I went down to Albuquerque Thursday and spent the day there. We visited Old Town, shopped, and went to a movie.
                                  I've always been intrigued with old churches-this is in Old Town

On Friday morning we headed to the Temple where we met up with Whitney and Andy so we could all be together as I went through. It definitely felt like someone was missing since Sarah wasn't with us but I look forward to going with her many times in the future. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. It was a lot to take in so I'm anxious to keep learning and gain understanding each time I attend the temple. I cannot describe the feeling of ultimate joy and happiness I felt seeing my family in the Celestial room and it will be even more wonderful when we are all together with no one absent! I am glad I made the decision to go through and that I was worthy enough to enter.

Here are a few pics from the temple. Keep in mind it was a very windy day!







I had a wonderful week and couldn't have asked for a better vacation. 

1 comment: