Sunday, June 30, 2013

Catch Up

School got out June 6 and since then life has been 10x more busy! I had one great day of rest and relaxation and have been going non stop ever since. Finally, things have calmed down and I'm looking forward to sleeping in, watching lots of movies, reading books, starting some tv shows, and exercising whenever I want. I have been looking forward to this for a long time and am glad I picked a profession that allows me to do so!
For those interested, I will play a little catch up and fill you in on the happenings of my life before blogging about my DC trip. The Friday after school got out was a wonderful day of rest which I hope I will have many more of coming up. The week right after work was very busy. I am starting to work on a health endorsement and had a health class for 5 hours Mon-Thurs. Overall the class was very helpful and will be a good resource for the future. It did however, have a lot of homework. Now I know why I am putting off grad school. It was so hard getting myself motivated to do it! Plus, my sister and I were moving the upcoming weekend so I had to balance tons of packing and cleaning with homework. We got to start moving in to the new place on the 16th so we began the moving process. Notice I said STARTED. We had that weekend to move some things over and then we went on vacation for 6 days. Although amazing, vacation can be very tiring and this trip was definitely that! When we came back, it was back to moving. Since Sarah had to work, I did lots of moving and cleaning by myself which was very difficult and tiring. Thankfully my parents came up for a week to help with that process. We did all the heavy moving and cleaning over 2 days. The rest of the week was spent unpacking and finally getting settled. We also had two apartments for 10 days which means paying two rents and never knowing where my stuff was. Add a couple of dentist appointments and lack of sleep in there and it all added up to a very stressful time. I was wondering if I'd ever get a break. I probably wasn't in the best of moods while my parents were here but I was extremely grateful for all of their help and support.
Now things have finally settled down. I am completely moved in and organized in the new apartment and it feels nice to be done. Bring on the REAL summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment