September has been one busy month and I finally have time to sit and write about what has been happening in my life. School has been in session for over a month and I love how fast the time has gone. Although I do still have some rough days with rough kids, I feel much more prepared and things are just easier. We've been in a football unit for a couple of weeks and it has been fun seeing how much the kids are getting into it. I love seeing the looks on girls faces when they finally throw that perfect spiral or the funny "celebration dances" the boys love doing. Overall they have done very well with it and it's times like these I love being a teacher. The younger classes are also doing quite well and are if anything, very entertaining. My funniest experience so far was in a 1st grade class. This boy came in with his coat on when it was 90 degrees outside and almost as hot in our gym. He had just his hood on and I was worried it would fall off and then someone would trip on it so I asked him to take it off. He refused to do so multiple times so finally my patience was tried and I made him sit out. I told him he had 2 options: take it off so he could play or put it on so his arms were in the sleeves so it wouldn't fall off. He contemplated those choices and still refused. I was like, "this is ridiculous" and started getting a little mad. At this point he started crying and finally said through many tears and sobs, "My hair is short." That was it? He was crying because apparently he just got a haircut and didn't like how short it was. His hood was on so no one could see it. So then I laughed, felt sorry for getting angry, and let him play, with his hood on of course.
Work also = lots of sickness. With this month being so busy and my body hardly having time to rest, I came down with a cold at the beginning of the month, fought allergies throughout, and ended the month with Strep. I guess that's what you get when working with kids all day but I hope this means no more sickness for awhile.
This month has also had it's ups and downs. A family member got in a serious, life changing accident at work. Although very sad, it has been amazing to see the amount of love and support he has received from friends, family, and the community. Then one of my closest friends just moved to New Zealand so that was sad. But on a positive note, another close friend had her first baby, a handsome and healthy little boy. I was also reminded this month that my friends and family are awesome and I am truly blessed to have them in my life!
Now I won't bore you with details about everything else that happened this month so I will just highlight the important things and add pictures of course.
I turned a quarter of a century old on the 19th! I had the best cakes ever.
I also got to enjoy the outdoors and the wonderful fall colors while hiking up to Lake Blanche.
Now we are on to October! October is probably my favorite month. For me it marks the true beginning of fall and I love everything that comes with that: the colors, the food, the clothing, the weather, football, etc. I also really love Halloween so that's a plus!
Glad school is going well, but I'm sorry you've been sick! Next week Paul will be back at work and the extended family will be gone so I'm going to give you a call!
ReplyDelete