We got an early start on Thursday so we could get home for a family BBQ at the Sanford Park to celebrate my Grandma's 85th birthday. I don't have any pictures to document but we were very pleased with the turnout from extended family to support my wonderful grandma. It ended with a very intense game of HORSE with my cousins where I thoroughly embarrassed myself my missing almost every shot I took! I made up for it later though.
Friday we decided to start off the day in Manassa. I had never really looked at the Jack Dempsey Museum so we did that and caught the parade as well.
Sarah, Dad, my cousin Katelyn and I then headed to the mountains for some 4-wheeling. We went up past Antonito to a gorgeous spot where we took turns riding the ATV, playing the guitar, eating our body weight in sunflower seeds, and throwing around a baseball.
I then apparently decided the day just wasn't adventurous enough. I made a quick split second decision to load the 4-wheeler into the truck even though it was at a bad angle and crashed it into the back of the truck bed, hard too. Everyone, including me, expected to see me either flying over the top of the truck head first or smashing into the back window and shattering it. Luckily that didn't happen but I put a nice dent into my dad's beautiful truck. Tempers flew for a bit and we had an awkward ride home but my dad of course forgave my stupidity. The story was shared with everyone which didn't help me forget but at least I can now laugh at it. Later I then met up with my best friend for Mexican food and the Dark Knight Rises. My heart also goes out to all those involved in the Aurora shooting. We were a little hesitant to see that movie that night but everything was fine. There was however, an officer that stood by the emergency exit in the theater the whole time.
Saturday we enjoyed the Pioneer Celebration to the fullest. We watched the parade, hit up the hamburger stand, went to the rodeo, and the demolition derby.
It was nice spending time with cousins who I don't regularly see, especially when we are in a place we all love and have great memories of growing up at.
Sunday we enjoyed our last full day together. We went to church to hear my dad give a talk, enjoyed a family dinner (adults inside and kids outside of course), visited the family graves at the cemetery, finally searched the old house we were always told was haunted, went on more ATV rides, and watched the best finale of The Bachelorette EVER! It was a fantastic day.
Everyone left Monday morning but Sarah and I stayed one more day to attend Whitney's Bridal Shower! It was really fun and hilarious. Thank you to those who put it all together so we could go while we were in town! Whitney should be all set for the wedding now with presents and amazing wedding and wedding night advice :)
Tuesday we drove the long 10 hours back to Utah totally exhausted but thankful for the wonderful trip and memories. Other memorable events include:
Having 10 and sometimes 11 people staying at our house with only 1 bathroom
Watching how much everyone, especially the kids loved the "wild" kitties
Having everyone at the house and bringing back memories of when we were younger
Going home a consecutive three times without being pulled over/getting a ticket
Being home without getting extremely sunburned
Being home without getting extremely sunburned
Being able to feel like a kid again. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time!
All in all, it was a very fun and successful trip. We have so many memories in La Jara being at Grandpa and Grandma Miller's house so it's wonderful that my parents are now in the house and we can go back and create even more memories.


No comments:
Post a Comment