Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall Break

Originally I planned on going down to St. George and Zion National Park for my Fall Break with some friends. October was busy and time kind of got away from us so that did not work out and my break was spent at home in Salt Lake. I didn't mind one bit however because I think being at home and able to relax was exactly what I needed.

Prior to the break I had a couple of crappy weeks. One weekend I had an extremely bad sore throat which turned out to be strep. Later that week I discovered that my bike had been stolen from off my back patio. Then the very next weekend I came down with the stomach flu. Anyone who knows me well, knows that stomach flu is pretty much the worst kind of sickness for me. It was conference weekend and my parents were in town so although it didn't quite turn out to be the weekend we planned, I sure appreciated having my parents here. The following Monday at a softball game I then got hit with a ball right on my lower shin. I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my tibia since it still hurts to this day but don't want to pay for an x-ray to find out! And then my facebook got hacked. So after that I was sure glad to get a little bit of a break.

I called my break "revival time" and did things just for me. Call it selfish if you will but I needed it. Thursday I slept in, took my time getting ready, had lunch with my sister at City Creek, and saw a movie by myself. I've never gone to the movies by myself before but it was quite exhilarating. I of course loaded up on Reese's and Dr. Pepper during the movie as well and had no one with me to make me feel guilty. I then got a haircut and later saw another movie with Sarah. We saw Pitch Perfect which was hilarious! We loved it and I can't wait to add it to my DVD collection. It might even become the movie I turn to on sick days to perk me up (if I can give up my current sick movie The Wedding Singer that is). Friday I finally spent my birthday money and gift cards and went shopping then relaxed at home. Later that night I saw another movie :) with a friend. Saturday we winterized and organized the apartment, went to Gardner Village with some friends and went to the new sporting goods store Scheels. That store was awesome, definitely my kind of place. The break then ended with a nice relaxing Sunday of delicious dinner, watching football, playing Just Dance 4, and getting a Mormon hangover by eating way too much junkfood. It was fabulous! So the break turned out to be exactly what I wanted and needed.

Here are some pictures as well for those who were patient enough to read this long post!

Gardner Village-The witches were out!





 SCHEELs:
 Still a moose at heart


TONS of sporting equipment and clothes + statues of important figures in History = my new favorite store!

1 comment: