October was a very busy month. My parents were here for 8 days at the beginning of the month and we crammed in as many activities as we possibly could.
We went on a little hike to enjoy the fall colors as well as the first snow in the mountains.
We attended a session of General Conference. We were able to sit really close and Mitt and Ann Romney happened to be nearby.
We had a ladies night and went to the Josh Groban concert.
We attended the BYU homecoming football game.
We also spent a lot of time with family, enjoyed eating out, and celebrated Sarah's and Grandpa Neilson's birthdays. It was fun but horribly exhausting at the same time.
The next week I had fall break and was excited to have no set plans and looked forward to having some time to myself. The first day of break, I sprained my wrist in a boxing class which has been a bit of a challenge. It didn't stop me from doing what I wanted however, and I still went golfing on Thursday and Friday. I was also able to sleep in, hang out with friends, have a complete lazy day, and enjoy some time to myself. It was exactly what I needed.
The rest of the month has been busy to say the least. I celebrated Fall to the fullest with corn mazes, haunted houses, movies, hot chocolate, football, and pumpkin spiced foods.
Work has continued to be busy as well. I am back to teaching full time after having a student teacher and I already forgot how tiring it is. The students are full of energy and a little crazy. I am so grateful for this time of year where we get quite a few breaks because I don't know how I would make it! The students do keep me entertained though. They say the funniest things and I am constantly amused with the stories they tell. They are very creative and I love watching them participate in our activities. I am thankful for their hugs and "thank you's" as they leave the gym as well, and feel that although very difficult at times, I have a pretty fantastic job.







No comments:
Post a Comment