These aren't the greatest pictures ever but at least it's proof I was there:
Some of my favorite moments from the night:- Miranda saying she wrote the song "Baggage Claim" in a state of being PISSED OFF!
- Realizing how much more down to earth and real country singers are then other celebrities
- All the mentions of her hillbilly or hick a** husband Blake Shelton :)
- The feeling of confidence I got and being able to relate to her through her songs
- Her singing "The House That Built Me"
I have spring break in 2 weeks and get to go home for an entire week to the good 'ol San Luis Valley and to the house that built me. Almost two years ago my parents moved into my grandparents house and the house my father was raised in. I've had mixed emotions about this move over these past years. It's hard leaving the place you were raised in and have so many memories. It's like the song says, I can't go home again but there are times I long to go back just to see it one more time and relive the memories. It's also hard going home to La Jara instead of Alamosa. For those who are unfamiliar with the area, let me fill you in. Alamosa is where I lived almost my entire life. It's the "city" of the valley and at least has a movie theater, Wal-Mart, bowling ally, several restaurants, and a population of about 10,000. La Jara has a population of under 1000 and has no stoplights. There are maybe 3 places to eat and 1 grocery store. As barren as it is, I've learned to love it.
Just recently I've discovered that where my parents live now is still home and a place that I never lived, but was still raised. This is a house that I hold very dear to my heart. It is here that my small town, country girl roots sprout from. It is where I learned to ride a horse, drive a tractor, brand a cow, siphon water from a ditch to irrigate, shoot a gun, and discover the enjoyment in climbing a hay stack. It is where I learned how to work, get back up onto a horse after falling off, correctly white wash a fence or wash windows, fix a fence, and get cows back into the field. More importantly, it is where I've gained a love for my ancestors and where I come from; where I've learned how important family is and how much I love them. It is where I'm proud to be from and constantly long to go back to (well, visit anyway :) ).
This is the House that Built Me:
I also miss my old house where I was raised very much. My parents moved right when this song came out and it made me cry several times thinking about not going home to the house I grew up in. But going to this concert and listening to Miranda sing it this time, has helped me realize that I still get to go home. I've never technically lived there, but it is the house that built me!


No comments:
Post a Comment