One of the best things about being a teacher is all the breaks you get (and I seriously don't know how we would function without them). This past week was Fall Break or UEA and I took full advantage of the break. On Wednesday, me and three friends headed off to Disneyland. We stayed in St. George the first night then left early so we were at Disneyland/California Adventure for 3 days. We then headed home exhausted but satisfied on Sunday. I do feel sorry for my students on the Monday after, I wasn't too energetic or patient.
The break was awesome and very needed. I loved being able to get out of Utah for awhile and relax at the happiest place on earth. It was amazing and really quite ridiculous how many people from Utah were there though. UEA really should stand for "Utah's Exodus into Anaheim." I swear every other family I saw had BYU or Utah attire on.
Disneyland at Halloween is absolutely amazing and I enjoyed all the decorations and special things going on. I also love how clean it is! It's truly magical how everything stays so neat and tidy.
I won't go into too much detail about the whole trip because that would take way too long. One of my uncles likes to make a Top 10 favorite memories list for trips so I'm going to do that. Some things will not make sense to you but oh well. They are in no particular order but are the most memorable experiences.
1. Amber having to hold hands with a guy we met in line on our very first ride.
2. Having the perfect seats on Soarin' Over California and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
3. The worker on the canoe named Mercedes.
4. Our planned pictures on rides. Splash Mountain was the best.
5. The rhyming and very talkative worker in Fantasyland that we had for 3 different rides.
6. World of Color
7. A worker saying, "Just like Beyonce, to the left to the left" while directing people where to walk.
8. Rosey's confession on the tram that she backed Jill's car into a pole.
9. The new Star Tours
10. Trying to keep a serious face for pictures on rides but failing miserably.
11. And this one I just couldn't leave out so there will be eleven. Me eating dinner with the Asian man.
And just for your enjoyment, here are a few other pictures from the trip:
Oh my gosh! Too fun! I've always wanted to go there when they've got the Halloween stuff going on. And I loved your Splash Mountain picture.
ReplyDeleteThis is unfair.. you are partying it up while im still at BYU....ugh... Nah im happy for you, just severely jealous too.
ReplyDeleteFun fun! You should write more about said dinner with asian man.